Self Help Forums

Go Back   Self Help Forums > Repair > Home Security
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Home Security Questions & Discussions on the topic of Home Security

#1   IP: 71.192.59.190
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:30 PM

Default DSC Power 632 Setup

Hi,

I recently moved into a house and am attempting to setup this alarm system that was already installed.

I'd like to give you some background info that might be useful to solving my problems.
I have a Power 632 with PC1555 (MX maybe) security system. (LED Keypad)

I found the installation and user manuals online, so that helped a bit. I reset my master code, and found that the default IC is 5555.

Using *8,101,--16 digits zone definition--, i *think* i successfully programmed the zones.

I want this to be setup so that I do not have to pay a monthly fee, so no telephone communication to a central station will be necessary.

After hitting ##, exiting programming mode, i'm back at the regular state.

Lights 1-6 are on, and 7-8 are off. I guess thats because 7-8 are null, zones that aren't in use.

My trouble light is on.
I determine that the troulbe light 3 is on, meanign there is a telephone problem. BUT, i don't even want it to use the telephone system! So i'm not sure how to turn that feature off.

The only way I can get my 'ready' light to turn on if I go through and bypass zones 1-6. Why is this?

My Questions:
Question 1:
-If a light number is ON, does that mean the zone is being violated?
Question 2:
-How do I totally disable the telephone system?
Question 3:
-Why do I have to bypass zones 1-6 to get ready light on?

Thanks in advance,
Brett
  #2   IP: 205.210.253.10
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:26 PM
Senior Member with Distinction

one thing I found while searching for info...

Quote:
DSC: Power series panels (632, 832, 864); trouble 3 (telephone line trouble) and/or trouble 4 (failure to communicate) shows on new/defaulted system.

DSC panels default to the communicator turned on, and TLM (telephone line monitoring) turned on. If you will not be using the communicator functions, you have to turn them off by entering programming, turning off option 7 in section 015, and option 1 in section 380
one pdf manual at
http://www.adt.ca/pdf/manuals/pc1555mx_eng.pdf

other info I found...

Quote:
DSC: My programming attempts do not match the program form in the manual I have.
There are multiple versions of the "power series" panels (632, 832, 864). Some have very small programming changes from the original version, others (the CP-01 versions) have major changes in important programming areas. There are not a lot of visible differences, and both versions are sold concurrently. There are also small technical changes that were only documented in technical dispatches sent to dealers.

DSC: I defaulted my panel and now all of the zones show "open".
A lot of DSC panel installers choose to not use the End of Line Resistors (for a myriad of reasons) and instead choose to use a feature in the programming that turns off the requirement. When the panel is defaulted, this requirement is turned back on.

The specific location that has to be changed will vary by model, but will usually be in the system options sections of the program.

DSC: The power was off/I powered down the panel, and now the trouble light is on:
Nearly all DSC models require a clock reset after a loss of primary and backup battery power. The keystrokes for fixing this will vary by model, but is generally pretty easy to resolve. It's a user manual issue
I haven't played with these systems much so hopefully someone with experience will jump in and help out.

The zone light obviously either indicate a fault or indicate that that zone is armed, I guess the only way to figure it out is to arm it and set off a sensor (open door, motion detector trigered, etc) and see what the light does. I know quite often you must not have a fault to be able to turn it off, like close the door before entering disarm code.

Again hopefully someone with some experience will help out here.
  #3   IP: 71.192.59.190
Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM

Thanks dkerr,
This is all the information I needed. Obviously you're a better 'searcher' than me, because I missed all of this. All of my problems are now fixed.

Thanks again,
Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkerr
one thing I found while searching for info...

one pdf manual at
http://www.adt.ca/pdf/manuals/pc1555mx_eng.pdf

other info I found...

I haven't played with these systems much so hopefully someone with experience will jump in and help out.

The zone light obviously either indicate a fault or indicate that that zone is armed, I guess the only way to figure it out is to arm it and set off a sensor (open door, motion detector trigered, etc) and see what the light does. I know quite often you must not have a fault to be able to turn it off, like close the door before entering disarm code.

Again hopefully someone with some experience will help out here.