dcsimg
Self Help Forums

Go Back   Self Help Forums > Repair > Heating & Air Conditioning - Existing Home
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Heating & Air Conditioning - Existing Home Heating & Cooling / Repair , Additions & Problems Solving Solutions

#1   IP: 68.219.12.84
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:07 PM

Question Armstrong Ultra SX 80 gas furnace

I have a bad control board. I have gone through the trouble shooting guide and do not have 120 VAC across D1 and neutral (N) and the manual says that indicates "replace blower board". I can jumper 120 VAC to D1 and the combustion blower starts and she takes off and ignites, etc.
My question is where can I get that board? It is a Honeywell ST 9120A2004.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Harry
  #2   IP: 69.148.137.223
Old October 24th, 2005, 05:38 PM

Default Circuit Board

Harry,
Here is a link to a company that has some of these Honeywell boards. Problem is, there are different numbers. You might look at the pictures and see if any of these are similar to yours. I don't know where you could check if one number would work for another (ie a revised board etc.).If you can determine your problem, I know where you can get the relay , for example.
Thank You
Greg
http://arnoldservice.com/internation...l_boa rds.htm
  #3   IP: 68.158.255.112
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:29 AM

Red face Armstrong SX 80

Greg,

Thanks for your info. They do have one that looks almost exactly like mine except it has push on instead of screw down terminals for the thermostat and a few different diodes. They say on their website that they can't answer questions about compatability because it is their busy season and they are putting all their time on getting orders filled and shipped the same day. I would be afraid to chance it.
It sure seems this Armstrong furnace is prone to failure based on the number of posts on this website. I built this house 6 years ago and the HVAC guy said this was a very reliable choice. I have 2 of them in this house.
Thanks again.
Harry