Self Help Forums

Go Back   Self Help Forums > Repair > Appliance Repair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

#1   IP: 24.154.233.74
Old January 16th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy frozen supply line to dishwasher

With all this recent frigid cold weather, went to run my dishwasher and I think
the supply line might have frozen up. No water is getting into the washer. Is that what I'm looking at and how would I go about fixing it? What else could have happened from this cold weather? Thanks!
  #2   IP: 24.215.11.32
Old January 17th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

HI,

If the water feed line was ran inside or up against the outside wall it could freeze I don't see too many frozen any more or at least not as many as we did years ago. Power off first, crack open the water fill line at the fill valve entrance ( under the d/w and behind the access panals ) to see/confirm if you do or don't have water flow to the d/w. If the house feed line is frozen you -may- be able to heat up the line with a heat gun....depending on how accesable the water pipe(s) are, if they are covered in a wall you may be waiting until a warm spell or spring before using the d/w again

If the water line is not frozen, the d/w's fill valve or float may be at fault for the no fill problem.

LINK> My d/w won't fill helps.

jeff.
www.jrappliance.ca
  #3   IP: 24.154.233.74
Old January 17th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Jeff,
Thank you for your reply. I am able to pull the d/w out from the wall. The supply line did seem to be frozen. My kitchen is over a crawl space and was a back porch at one time. However, since the supply line seems to be unfrozen, (I used a hair dryer on it) the water flow does seem to stop at the fill valve. Could it have ice build up there? Also, how open should my supply valve be? Thanks.
  #4   IP: 24.215.11.32
Old January 17th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Hi,

Quote:
since the supply line seems to be unfrozen, (I used a hair dryer on it) the water flow does seem to stop at the fill valve. Could it have ice build up there?
Possible yes, but if the rest of the line was not frozen it would be a good chance that it didn't freeze there either....but is possible.

Quote:
Also, how open should my supply valve be?
Turn fully open and then go towards shutting it off an 1/2 turn, this will help prevent the shut off tap from sticking or seizing.

Kinda *sounds* like your into checking the d/w itself for the "no fill" problem.

jeff.
www.jrappliance.ca