dcsimg
Self Help Forums

Go Back   Self Help Forums > Repair > Appliance Repair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

#1   IP: 67.149.22.194
Old September 22nd, 2004, 09:20 PM

Exclamation Kenmore dryer running but no heat

Hi,
I have a Kenmore gas model 75662 purchased in 8/95, with a model 3401771 burner assembly for natural gas. Was originally my deceased mother in law's dryer. Never had a problem until today. I threw a load of clothes in turned the dryer on and left, no noises no indication of a problem. I came back to fold the clothes and they were wet and cold. The dryer turns on and sounds normal. When I pulled the bottom front panel off, I saw that there was no pilot light. I can't find a way to light it again. I found a couple of general troubleshooting site, already reset the breaker, gas is on and I do have the dryer on a heat setting. Don't all gas appliances have a way to light the pilot again? I know I've done this on my mother's several times over the years.

Someone help please!!!
Thanks
Tammy
  #2   IP: 24.215.11.32
Old September 23rd, 2004, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

Hi,

Quote:
Kenmore gas model 75662
Get that from a manual or sales slip? The above is not a model# from the model&serial tag...

LINK> Some model# helps

A copy:

Q - My gas dryer will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating ?

A - Things that could stop a gas dryer from heating:

- glow bar igniter ... - thermal fuse ( not all models ) ... - coil on the gas valve ... - gas valve ... - thermostats ... - motor heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - sensor ...

A page for checking gas dryers is linked here

Quote:
When I pulled the bottom front panel off, I saw that there was no pilot light. I can't find a way to light it again.
No standing pilot lights for approx 20+ years, glow coil/electric ignition now.

Quote:
Don't all gas appliances have a way to light the pilot again?
Most today use a hot surface ignitor that glows bright white/red to light the gas.

jeff.
www.jrappliance.ca

Last edited by jeff1 : September 23rd, 2004 at 04:18 AM. Reason: spelling