I am putting Dow Super Tuff-R foam insulation on the block walls. http://building.dow.com/na/en/produc...supertuffr.htm
According to their website, you are supposed to use unfaced insulation betweeen the studs.
Interior Basement Wall (Foam and Stud Wall Framing) – Installing STYROFOAM™ Square Edge, Tongue & Groove, SCOREBOARD™, Super TUFF-R™, or TUFF-R
1. Install insulation over interior side of basement wall. Foam insulation may be held in place temporarily using spots of compatible adhesive.
2. Build conventional wood stud wall that firmly presses foam insulation against basement wall.
3. Install unfaced batts in stud cavities.
4. Install drywall over studs.
5. Tape and finish drywall according to manufacturer's directions
How does the unfaced insulation stay between the wall studs as nothing is being stapled to the studs?