dcsimg
Self Help Forums

Go Back   Self Help Forums > Repair > Appliance Repair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

#1   IP: 65.249.52.113
Old April 24th, 2008, 07:31 AM

Default LG 2455 Washing Machine - Tub Clean Cycle

First post. Looks very helpful! I've searched for answer to my question, but may have missed something due to being a newbie.

We've had a new LG 2455 washing machine for almost two months, and all is working superbly. It has loads of features, one of which is a Tub Clean Cycle designed to reduce any buildup of detergent residue that might lead to the mildewy smell. We haven't had ours quite long enough for anything to develop, but I was just trying to see how the cycle works. I've read the owner's manual, tried a bunch of different things, but just have not figured out how to get this cycle to start. Could anyone provide detailed, step-by-step instructions?

The cycle is supposed to be run with no clothes, no detergent, no fabric softener.

The owner's manual says to press and hold the EXTRA RINSE button for 3 seconds to activate the TUB CLEAN cycle. (The TUB CLEAN is on the same button as EXTRA RINSE). The display is supposed to show a message to add liquid bleach to the dispenser. When I press the EXTRA RINSE button for 3 seconds, the CHILD LOCK button (another one of several special function buttons) lights up, then nothing happens.

I'm probably missing or misunderstanding a simple step, so thought I'd try to find the answer online before calling the LG service number (and probably get someone who is reading the same manual as I).

Thanks in advance,
JimG
  #2   IP: 72.12.139.39
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Hi,

Quote:
We've had a new LG 2455 washing machine
Not a complete model#.
WM2455??

Quote:
The owner's manual says to press and hold the EXTRA RINSE button for 3 seconds to activate the TUB CLEAN cycle. (The TUB CLEAN is on the same button as EXTRA RINSE). The display is supposed to show a message to add liquid bleach to the dispenser. When I press the EXTRA RINSE button for 3 seconds, the CHILD LOCK button (another one of several special function buttons) lights up, then nothing happens.
Similier to one model I picked...

TUB CLEAN
A buildup of detergent residue can occur in the wash tub over time and can lead to a mildewy or musty smell. The TUB CLEAN cycle is specially designed to remove this buildup. Press and hold the EXTRA RINSE button for 3 seconds to activate this cycle. The display will show a message to add liquid bleach to the dispenser. After the cycle has ended, open the door and allow the drum interior to dry completely.
NOTE: Do NOT use this cycle with clothes, and do NOT add detergent or fabric softener.

CHILD LOCK
Use this option to prevent unwanted use of the washer or to keep cycle settings from being changed while the washer is operating. Press and hold the
PREWASH button for 3 seconds to activate or deactivate CHILD LOCK.
The lock icon will be shown in the display, and all controls are disabled. The washer can be locked during a cycle. Once CHILD LOCK is selected, the
display will alternate between CL and the time remaining.

Quote:
before calling the LG service number
Probably a good idea.

jeff.
www.jrappliance.ca