Self Help Forums

Go Back   Self Help Forums > Repair > Home Security
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Home Security Questions & Discussions on the topic of Home Security

#1   IP: 71.225.7.56
Old January 28th, 2008, 03:55 PM

Default ADT Motion Sensor Problem

I have an ADT Safewatch Plus RF system and am having an issue with one of the motion sensors (Detection Systems model #60-511). The unit detects a low battery, followed by failure every 1-2 months after battery replacement. None of the other sensors, including the other motions, are having problems and batteries last for years.

ADT says they'll come out, but it'll cost me. Does anyone have any advice, including perhaps removing the sensor from the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  #2   IP: 75.16.216.172
Old February 3rd, 2008, 07:30 PM

Smile

It is against your contract with ADT to add or remove sensors. If you remove the sensor.....the central station monitoring your system will be notified.

You would also need the installer code to work on the system and ADT does NOT give that code to homeowners.

Complain to ADT.......you have no other choices
  #3   IP: 76.189.87.169
Old March 1st, 2008, 07:59 AM

Default Similar problem

My problem is a door sensor that has gone bad and I want to take it out of the system. I own the system outright and it is not monitored. I installed the system about 5 years ago; however, since then I forget how I entered the sensors into the system. I do know that on one forum I was given the installers code to do this; however, 5 years later, I have no clue where it is. I have another sensor I want to replace the bad one with. Can someone out there tell me how to do this?
  #4   IP: 68.90.60.94
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:26 PM

Wireless sensors must be programmed into the wireless receiver. You have to delete the old ESN (electronic serial number) and replace it with the new number.

You will need the installer code to do this programming.
  #5   IP: 74.244.162.126
Old March 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM

Default Motion

Whenever you move in front of the motion does the red light come on? If so you can pop the cover off of the motion detector and there is a little jumper that you can disable the light. By doing this you can save alot of your battery burnup.
  #6   IP: 74.244.162.126
Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:00 PM

Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmags2 View Post
My problem is a door sensor that has gone bad and I want to take it out of the system. I own the system outright and it is not monitored. I installed the system about 5 years ago; however, since then I forget how I entered the sensors into the system. I do know that on one forum I was given the installers code to do this; however, 5 years later, I have no clue where it is. I have another sensor I want to replace the bad one with. Can someone out there tell me how to do this?
Hey Tmags,

Email me at kratliff1@hotmail.com and I will help you out with anything you need help with. I install various types of systems. What type of system is it?
  #7   IP: 121.54.66.21
Old March 30th, 2008, 08:36 PM

Default I think they have that on their website

I think they have an instruction manual or an online PDF file which shows you how to do it. It should be on their website