dcsimg
Self Help Forums

Go Back   Self Help Forums > Repair > Heating & Air Conditioning - Existing Home
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Heating & Air Conditioning - Existing Home Heating & Cooling / Repair , Additions & Problems Solving Solutions

Closed Thread

#1   IP: 68.77.158.70
Old December 29th, 2006, 03:01 AM

Question Rheem Criterion II problems

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I have a 4yr old Rheem Criterion II furnace and lately we will wake up in the morning with no heat. The light codes are a follows the green ok light flashes 4 times in a row before the pause and the power light is steady green. Once we open the panel and mess with the thermostat it will start up and run fine for about a week or two before we have the same problem. Can't find any info about the different codes, and the inside panel on the door is in another language. Can you help???? Thanks so much.
  #2   IP: 72.211.153.195
Old March 2nd, 2007, 09:32 PM

Smile

You know that is funny. I am having the same exact problem. And i do mean EXACT, it does the same thing with the power and ok light flashes, sometimes works sometimes doesnt. I posted in a forum on HVAC to see if I could get any responses from there. Will post if I get an answer.
  #3   IP: 71.136.245.87
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:50 PM

Default Rheem Criterion II startup failure

I have the exact same problem also. Same light codes, etc.

Does anyone have a manual that might describe what the codes mean? I talked to an HVAC guy today and he said that there should be a listing of the codes on the unit somewhere.

It is weird that Rheem doesn't have manuals on its website -- to me anyway.
  #4   IP: 24.197.242.197
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:04 PM

on a lot of furnaces 4 flashes is open high limit. Check on your blower door to be sure. Check your filter too.
  #5   IP: 68.230.95.233
Old March 11th, 2008, 07:36 PM

Exclamation Fixed!!!!

What it was is the pressure switch. I have attached a photo of my new one I installed. I picked it up at a local store called Naughtons, for about $35. In the picture it is the round thing on the top left that has a red hose going to it from the exhaust blower motor. You can test this yourself to see if it is working by pulling the hose off the exhaust motor and sucking then blowing into the hose, if the flap flips one way but doesnt go back the other way on its own there is your problem. I hope this helps anyone, I had to pay $100 dollars for the tech to come and tell me that was it. You dont even want to know the cost for them to replace it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00224 [640x480].JPG
Views:	336
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	2020  
  #6   IP: 198.147.38.85
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:28 AM

Default Rheem Criterion II furnace not working

I found out yesterday my furnace was not lighting up either. After I adjust my digital thermostat, the furnace would not light up. The "PWR" and "OK" greens lights both come on when the power supply is ON but there are no flames. I have no clue about how this thing works. Wanted to know thoughts from the gurus and try to fix this myself before I call in a contractor. Please Help!
  #7   IP: 198.68.16.40
Old October 21st, 2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birensworld View Post
I found out yesterday my furnace was not lighting up either. After I adjust my digital thermostat, the furnace would not light up. The "PWR" and "OK" greens lights both come on when the power supply is ON but there are no flames. I have no clue about how this thing works. Wanted to know thoughts from the gurus and try to fix this myself before I call in a contractor. Please Help!
Check my above post with the image included. That is probably the problem. try the test I posted. If that doesn't work make sure the gas is on, sometimes we forget the easiest steps. Is there an error code flashin on your lights at all?
  #8   IP: 12.230.228.97
Old November 11th, 2008, 08:41 AM

Default Rheem Criterion II question

I have the same unit and I need to replace a small fan that's show on the right side of KMStoner's picture. Can I replace just the fan or do I have to replace the entire assembly?

Thanks.
  #9   IP: 76.22.36.175
Old November 20th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Default criterion II 4 blinks on "OK" LED

KMStoner, I followed your advice and now my criterion II is up and running again. I was getting 4 blinks in arrow and then a pause on the "OK" LED. I simply did what you said, pulled the hose and blew into it a couple of times. When blowing I didn't hear anything. When sucking I can hear a light click. I didn't think anything was done to it, so I put it back together. When I closed the panels, the darn just turned right on.

Thanks, CPAS4.
  #10   IP: 70.128.117.9
Old November 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM

Default rheem criteria 11, no start

Hi I have a criteria 11 furnace, 4yrs old, lately it's having starting issues. I checked the led diagnostic lits, they are 2 grn and the flame one is not lit, of course. I have tried to tap on the fan and pressure swithes, sometimes this works but might be coincidence. any thoughts on this issue? t-stat perhaps?
gas is good, ps i hear a very slight humming in the side where the leds are but it quits if I kill the powert switch...is this normal?
thanks....curt
Closed Thread