dcsimg
Self Help Forums

Go Back   Self Help Forums > Outdoors, 'The Great Outdoors' > Hunting & Tracking
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Hunting & Tracking Rather it be Rabbit, Squirrel, Pheasant, Quail, Deer or Bear, the hunting forum is the place to be for all your hunting questions.

#1   IP: 24.57.63.254
Old February 2nd, 2012, 06:41 AM

Default Archery Questions

Seeing the site is about helping with DIY and issues I can offer some help in the Archery Target/Hunting area. I owned a Archery Shop for 12 years and have been an avid archer for over 33. I have worked with two archery companies with design and building of archery equipment. If you have any issues related to this area or a project planned and need some help or information ask away.

I posted in the heating and cooling problem I had and the response was awesome and fast. I believe in giving back.

Bob
  #2   IP: 205.210.17.241
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome and keep checking back. We don't get too many hunting or archery questions but your support would be welcomed.
  #3   IP: 98.19.25.255
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:51 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowbob59 View Post
Seeing the site is about helping with DIY and issues I can offer some help in the Archery Target/Hunting area. I owned a Archery Shop for 12 years and have been an avid archer for over 33. I have worked with two archery companies with design and building of archery equipment. If you have any issues related to this area or a project planned and need some help or information ask away.

I posted in the heating and cooling problem I had and the response was awesome and fast. I believe in giving back.

Bob
Dear sir,
I myself have always love the outdoors and the art of archery. However, while on the job working as an E.M.T. I received an injury to my wrist that has led me to being unable to hold and support much weight which has hindered my passion for shooting. My son has shown an interest and is wanting dad to teach him the ropes about archery. I guess my question is have you ever heard of any type of bracing system that would allow a shooter to hold and support a bow that would take the stress off the wrist.

I appreciate any information that you might be able to provide.

Thank You,

Paul Wright
Greenup County Kentucky
  #4   IP: 209.43.9.30
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowbob59 View Post

Bob
Hello Bob,
I have a Bear Compound Bow and have been very happy with the draw cycle and become confident and pretty accurate over the past 3 years. The issue I have is not much knock down power or penetration on the deer I've shot. I have a short draw cycle with only a 27.5" draw on a 60# pull. I've been shooting a pretty good, flat carbon arrow with blazer vanes. I am considering going to a much heavier arrow to improve kinetic energy. I know I will give up speed but will I also be giving up accuracy. Do I need to consider anything else? Any recommendations?

Pastor John