dcsimg

Thread: Kitchenaid rear burners not working

Default Kitchenaid rear burners not working

The two rear burners on my glass cook top Kitchenaid KESC307HBS4 electric range have stopped working. The front burners and oven are functioning fine.

When I turn the dials to fire up the back burners, the lights next to the dials light up but the burners do nothing.

It sounds like a fairly straight forward repair and would like to do it myself.

Thanks!

Hi,

The two rear burners on my glass cook top Kitchenaid electric range have stopped working
    Quit at the same time or different times?

KESC307HBS4
    Ceran glass top slide in range.

When I turn the dials to fire up the back burners, the lights next to the dials light up but the burners do nothing
    No power from the switchs, broken/burnt wire between the switchs and the elements, bad elments. The elements have a safety/thermal switch that can prevent them from comming on but they only appear to come with the element.
    Basically if the element is getting power ( 220-240 volts AC ) the surface switch is ok and the wires are ok and the element is bad. If the element is not getting power, the circuit would have to be traced back towards the surface switch to see where the power is lost.

Element, surface RR

Element, surface LR

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

Thread Information