dcsimg

Thread: Dacor Oven Help, Model W305

Default Dacor Oven Help, Model W305

Anyone know where I could find a tech repair manual for a Dacor W305 oven? These are older units, and I can't find anyone who has one. I have access to all the current models, and models 2000 and newer, but this one I haven't had any luck. I'm willing to pay for it.

Thank you,

Andrew in NC

Default W305 electronic oven control ERCIII

I have the new W305 electronic retrofit oven control ERCIII installation and repair manual. It should come with the retrofit package, part number 86600 (B/W). I do not have the repair manual for the rest of the oven, however. If you want a copy of it let me know. Tom

Does yours have the dim display issue? I have this stupid oven and can barely read the display.

It sound like a design problem but Dacor doesn't care and they're charging >$500 for the display "retrofit kits" which is beyond insane!!

If anyone knows of a cheaper workaround I'm interested.

P.S. I found parts lists out there but never found a repair manual.

Default More on the Dacor W305 ERCIII Control Retrofit

I don't think there is a repair manual for the control unit or display, although it comes with installation instructions and a new schematic for the retrofit. The new control panel, which is the clock, radiation/convection select, and temperature control, is also radically designed, and it comes with a new glass panel for the display in front of the oven. In fact all the wiring is different, and one has to spend several days to pull the oven out, replace the front glass and the electronic unit, and extensively rewire all the wires found behind the control panel. Furthermore, and this is extremely important, one has to ensure the new schematic is faithfully followed, otherwise sparks will fly when the oven is turned on, not to mention the possible destruction of the electronic unit. I spent checking my work several days before I gathered enough confidence to turn on the power switch. And be gentle with the individual push buttons, because they break on the tips if pushed too hard, so that even super glue would not be of much help.

I have a schematic of the old panel and the rest of the oven, although I don't remember where I got it. It is a just a copy and is not too clear on the small letters. The original was small and I had to enlarge it, that is why. If anyone wants a copy, I'll be glad to send it free of charge. I keep thinking that the manufacturer pasted a shrunken copy in the oven near the control panel, but I just don't remember. To find out if yours has it, pull out the oven and look near the back of the control panel. Good luck!

Tom

Default Postscript on the Dacor W305 ERCIII Control Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by tgliang View Post
    I don't think there is a repair manual for the control unit or display, although it comes with installation instructions and a new schematic for the retrofit. The new control panel, which is the clock, radiation/convection select, and temperature control, is also radically designed, and it comes with a new glass panel for the display in front of the oven. In fact all the wiring is different, and one has to spend several days to pull the oven out, replace the front glass and the electronic unit, and extensively rewire all the wires found behind the control panel. Furthermore, and this is extremely important, one has to ensure the new schematic is faithfully followed, otherwise sparks will fly when the oven is turned on, not to mention the possible destruction of the electronic unit. I spent checking my work several days before I gathered enough confidence to turn on the power switch. And be gentle with the individual push buttons, because they break on the tips if pushed too hard, so that even super glue would not be of much help.

I have a schematic of the old panel and the rest of the oven, although I don't remember where I got it. It is a just a copy and is not too clear on the small letters. The original was small and I had to enlarge it, that is why. If anyone wants a copy, I'll be glad to send it free of charge. I keep thinking that the manufacturer pasted a shrunken copy in the oven near the control panel, but I just don't remember. To find out if yours has it, pull out the oven and look near the back of the control panel. Good luck!

Tom
    As a postscript ... those in Canada will a slightly different schematic than those in the US, due to, I suppose, different consumer regulations. It says so in the retrofit installation instructions. So just be aware.

those in Canada will a slightly different schematic than those in the US
    Different electrical codes....good point and tip!

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

7. Cool Dacor W305 Schematic needed

Looking for the Dacor electronic schematic installation and repair manual.
    Please help

Hi,

electronic schematic
    Wire diagram? One comes with the range.

installation
    Did you contact Dacor to see if one is available?

repair manual
    I don't know of any for Dacor.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

Quote Originally Posted by tgliang View Post
    I have the new W305 electronic retrofit oven control ERCIII installation and repair manual. It should come with the retrofit package, part number 86600 (B/W). I do not have the repair manual for the rest of the oven, however. If you want a copy of it let me know. Tom
    I have a technician trying to rebuild the temp sensor circuit board for this unit. He says he's having trouble with the door sensor and wants the wiring diagram
    that is usually on a panel inside the oven. He says the one he has in his library is not giving him the answer. I can pull the oven out but don't know what to do next. Is there a retrofit kit that would work? Perhaps you could send me a copy of the wiring diagram you have. Thanks. hatchstan@gmail.com

Thread Information