dcsimg

Thread: Pictures of different types of wiring

Default Pictures of different types of wiring

I noticed a lot of people have difficulty describing type's of wiring, Bx, K&T romex,etc. maybe some jpg's of the different looks of the wires could be helpful? I have access to some still installed K&T I can get some pictures of, If anyone agrees with the idea.

Just a thought
    Newguy

Thumbs up Great Idea Newguy!

Newguy,

That's a great idea. We could have a gallery of reference pictures showing the different types of cables, conduit, boxes, and other devices and hardware. It would provide something to reference in the posts.

I think even a "gallery of horrors" would be educational for people. We all could submit pictures of hazards to warn people of the dangers. Like this one below of a K&T fed exposed knifeblade fused disconnect switch above a doorway. This is my favorite that I saw on another internet electrical site.

Homer
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Homer; February 13th, 2004 at 03:41 PM.

Sounds like a good idea, can you send me the web site of the other #$^&@$#! website that you saw this in ?

May not be able to use their pics but I could take a look, and go from there. May need WG help in getting the pics if I can't obtain them.

Don

Don,

I just sent a PM to you with the web address where I saw that 'mother of all hazards' photo.

Homer

I was earlier reading the 2 pages of posts re 'the best way to hang drywall'. All posters were trying to describe, pro and con, methods of hanging. The lack of visual reference while reading some of the posts had me re-reading some of the posts multiple times. Finally, I went to my old standby Google Images to get some photos so I could relate to the poster's reasoning.
    I'll triple 'second' that we need an additional forum with photos of actual installations depicting best and worst, right and wrong, meets code and does not meet code.
    The Google search engine 'images tab' has an incrediable amount of photos available that are generally public domain. This is where I search for photos. In addition to displaying the photo, the web site URL that it came from is shown as a clickable link. Many of these links will take you to sites that explain in depth the subject of your interest. So, I'm all for the intent of this thread to develop a 'depository of photos' that relate to this site. As another example the below photo is a great reference picture for hang/mud of drywall. Notice how neat the wall and ceiling look. Now, look at the floor to be reminded that hanging and mudding DW creates a major mess .
    My 0.06 cents!
    Jack

Default How

How the Heck are you guys posting these large pics! I donate, why can't I post the large pics?
    Learning brings success. While you are waiting, I'm getting better!

Thread Information