dcsimg

Thread: Solids going into liquids and plugging filter

Default Solids going into liquids and plugging filter

I am having trouble with my septic tank. The tank is 30 years old and we've been here 5 years. The problem is that solids are getting over into the liquids side (concrete tank with separating wall with hole through which the liquids come through with pump inside the house) and continuously clogging the pre-pump filter inside the house. I am having to monitor it almost every day and empty it out at least once a week otherwise the water doesn't flow and pump runs dry. I am at wits end and considering replacing the tank at a cost of $5000. 3 septic guys have come to drain and inspect and have no ideas. The tank has been very thoroughly cleaned and has no signs of crumbling anywhere. The separating wall is covered with a fibreglass cover so can't really see underneath it but will be inspecting with an inspection camera soon.

What is most confusing is that the stuff coming through is both floaty and sinky. I'll see stuff floating in the pre-pump filter. There are no cracks in the tube that reaches to the middle of the solids side (concrete) and no liquids flowing into the liquids side except through the hole it's supposed to come from. Another odd thing is that if I send a bucket down and take sample of the top of the solids, within a few minutes the floating stuff in the water sinks to the bottom of the bucket. What was it doing then floating at the *top* of the solids side? The only explanation would be the solid side is churning and nothing is settling but how could this be happening? Any ideas out there?

When was the last time you had the tank pumped? Solids will build up over time and need to be pumped out.
    Got Questions? Get Answers!!
    Ask our Team of Experts
    https://www.ez-forums.com/

Are you using a bunch of bleach?
    Mark
    Kent, WA

Thread Information