dcsimg

Thread: Garden plant problem

Default Garden plant problem

Hi Everyone,

My garden plants has this white powdery substance on the leaves. Is this normal? I also notice that the leaves are drying. My friends told me that it might be about the season. Is it true? Thank you.
    Last edited by Solyloari; September 22nd, 2014 at 11:42 AM.
    There's a solution to every problem

Could be a plant fungus or such.

If you have any agricultural extension offices (usually run by a university) in your area/county, you could take a leaf in to them and someone there may be able to identify it. A well established garden center/grower might be able/willing to too. Take pictures of the area and the whole (or a large portion of) plan too.

Google may be of assistance, but if there's a similar fungus or it's not one at all, the site may lead you the wrong way. Experienced eyes are always the best.

Google "powdery mildew". Very common garden problem

Are they annual plants that are affected? Some of them will be starting to die now, so powdery mildew is to be expected.

Thanks Mr T,mmg and moto. Its confirmed a fungus. A gardening service just visited me yesterday and yeah it was a fungus. sad to say we need to throw some of the plants to avoid more contamination and to lessen the expense of chemical treatment. another lesson learned. thanks for your help.
    There's a solution to every problem

There are many kind of mildew present in the garden.So search for the reason behind that.

landscape la

Default Garden Plant Problem

Powdery mildew is one of the most common and easily recognized plant disease.
    Remove the infected leaves, then apply a fungicide which is safe and effective, can be made up of potassium bicarbonate or neem oil.

Thread Information