dcsimg

Thread: Panel and amps

Question Panel and amps

I am trying to run a machine that requires 150a to a disconnect, also they want me to add a new panel off the power that is coming in to the disconnect. I was hoping I could just run the power to the disconnect then jump it to the new panel from the top post of the disconnect. The new panel is only 125amp the problem i am running into that I know anyway is I don't have enough wire so I am just wondering if I can add another disconnect in the middle somewhere that will shut off both things if needed. If I can what amps would I need?

Since this sounds like a commercial installation call a licensed electrician.
    I doubt that a 150 amp feeder can feed a 150 amp machine AND a 125 amp panel board.
    Two options that I can see are two feeders or a larger panel board with appropriate feeder end then feed the new machine from the new panel board.

Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    Since this sounds like a commercial installation call a licensed electrician.
    I doubt that a 150 amp feeder can feed a 150 amp machine AND a 125 amp panel board.
    Two options that I can see are two feeders or a larger panel board with appropriate feeder end then feed the new machine from the new panel board.
    Couldn’t agree more!!! I do notice that the OP said:
    they want me to add a new panel
    <<<Does this mean you are doing work as an electrician?
    Learning brings success. While you are waiting, I'm getting better!

Thread Information