dcsimg

Thread: how thick and what kind of plywood should i use for my manufactured homes floor?

Default how thick and what kind of plywood should i use for my manufactured homes floor?

the most bottom part of the floor is what im referring to. i dont know if its called a subfloor, but the bottom that gets screwed to the floor braces. i have children. i havent decided on carpet or hardwood yet. im trying to compare prices and get the best deal for my dollar. thanks for your help!

You would want to use at least 5/8", I like Advantech available at Lowe's/HD or any good lumber supply house.
    Check to see what size has already been used as your obviously going to have to match up sheets.
    If it's in a bathroom or laundry you might want to consider treated or the same size.

How far apart are you floor joists ? Why are you replacing a sub floor in a manufactured home ? Are you planning on two layers of floor sheathing or one ?

Curious

Wg

I would think you would want to use "tounge-and-groove" plywood for a subfloor.

Most places like Lowe's and Home Depot usually carry one style of "subfloor" plywood that is usually about 3/4" thick (11/16, 23/32, or what ever) with tounge-n-groove edges.

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    I would think you would want to use "tounge-and-groove" plywood for a subfloor.

Most places like Lowe's and Home Depot usually carry one style of "subfloor" plywood that is usually about 3/4" thick (11/16, 23/32, or what ever) with tounge-n-groove edges.
    I think the answer was covered in the first 2 replies.
    MJCormier

If you are using plywood normally there is a two number stamp on the plywood. The number would be ??/??. The bigger number is the spanning capability of the plywood for attaching to rafters. The small number is the spanning capability of the plywood for attaching to floor joists.

Wg

Don’t feel badly about the terminology. Many people mix the terms sheathing (used on walls, roofs) with sub-flooring and underlayment: http://bct.nrc.umass.edu/index.php/p...ient-flooring/
    Some research on your sub-flooring: http://bct.eco.umass.edu/index.php/p...d-and-plywood/
    We really need more information from you, as mentioned…….
    Be safe, Gary

Thread Information