dcsimg

Thread: Old GE JKP27G J

Default Old GE JKP27G J

Hi - we have a 22-year old GE double oven, model JKP27GJ. After a recent cleaning cycle, the door lock latch would not unlock. We gave it a day to rest, but still no luck. I removed the top panel and was able to flip the mechanical switch that was keeping the latch locked so we could open the door.

After the door was open and we started to wipe out the oven the broiler element basically disintegrated - broke into lots of pieces - totally burnt out. I replaced the broiler element and now the oven just won't get hot. On Bake or Broil - no heat. The lower oven won't heat up either.

Any ideas?

Hi,

JKP27GJ
    I found JKP27GJ1 JKP27GJ2 JKP27GJ3 JKP27GJ4

I replaced the broiler element and now the oven just won't get hot. On Bake or Broil - no heat. The lower oven won't heat up either
    Both went out at the same time?..if yes, maybe a house fuse or 1/2 of the breakers let go and we are only getting partial power to the unit. Proper power comming into the unit is normally the place an appliance tech would start with.
    Clock on auto instead of manual, burnt wire, miss wired or pulled off wire during the repair might be other trouble makers.

After a recent cleaning cycle, the door lock latch would not unlock.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/clean-lock.html
    If needed:

Door latch solenoid for self-clean

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

Thread Information