I just recently found this site, and the expertise and help is great. So I have my first question...
I am getting ready to place a travel trailer on some property and need to get pwer to it. Therefore would like your suggestions on how to wire this up, here are the details:
* I have a 200amp box (Square D) on the power pole that I will be hooking into.
* Need to run wire from the circuit breaker box to where the trailer will be, whic is approx. 125 feet away. Need to put the wire underground.
* Would like to put a pole near the trailer where I terminate the wire and place a sub-panel or plug.
* The trailer has is typical with a 30amp plug
1. What type breaker should I use in the main 200 amp box?
2. What type of wire should I run from the box to the trailer (undergound), should I direct bury or run conduit?
3. Should I put a sub-panel or just have the femail plug receptical on a pole next to the trailer?
4. Any other guidance or advice?