dcsimg

Thread: Kenmore Washer will fill only, but will not run.

Default Kenmore Washer will fill only, but will not run.

I have a Kenmore 70 Series Washer; Model # 110.26702690. The Washer will fill with water but will not start to run. I manually moved the control knob to rinse, spin, different cycles, etc. but does absolutely nothing. I bypassed the water level switch; by using a jumper, but still will not run. Any suggestions, please?

Hi,

The Washer will fill with water but will not start to run. I manually moved the control knob to rinse, spin, different cycles, etc. but does absolutely nothing. I bypassed the water level switch; by using a jumper, but still will not run
    WLC ( you tried ), timer contact, lid switch ( not all models, some only stop the spin and drain ), motor, motor wire are prime suspects.

WLC ( pressure switch ) stops the power to the fill valve and redirects the power to the timer to start the washer, if the timer starts to advance when the water shuts off the WLC is likely ok.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1 View Post
    Hi,

WLC ( you tried ), timer contact, lid switch ( not all models, some only stop the spin and drain ), motor, motor wire are prime suspects.

WLC ( pressure switch ) stops the power to the fill valve and redirects the power to the timer to start the washer, if the timer starts to advance when the water shuts off the WLC is likely ok.

jeff.
    Thank you! Where is the Pressure Switch located?

Water level control/pressure switch is the same item. Thought you tried that?
    It is in the consol....
    http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#WLC

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

Water level control/pressure switch is the same item. Thought you tried that?
    It is in the consol....
    http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#WLC

jeff.
    OK, yes I did try it - wasn't sure if they were the same. Thanks for the link!

The motor was not getting any voltage, there was a white wire that was broke right at the Molex connector. It was difficult to see, the wires to the connector were covered with black tape. Thank you for your help! The washer now runs, but there is a "Ticking" sound, very noticeable during all cycles; washing, draining, spinning, rinsing. It does not do it while filling. Any ideas?

there was a white wire that was broke right at the Molex connector. It was difficult to see, the wires to the connector were covered with black tape.
    Thankx for the update.

but there is a "Ticking" sound, very noticeable during all cycles; washing, draining, spinning, rinsing. It does not do it while filling
    Something in the drain pump that is not suppose to be in the drain pump ( button, bra underwire, lego, ect ), motor, worn motor coupler......

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

Thankx for the update.

Something in the drain pump that is not suppose to be in the drain pump ( button, bra underwire, lego, ect ), motor, worn motor coupler......

jeff.
    Does the drain pump run while washing and spinning? Because this "Ticking" occurred during the entire cycle except when filling.

Does the drain pump run while washing and spinning?
    Yes. When ever the motor is running, the drain pump is running.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

Thankx for the update.

Something in the drain pump that is not suppose to be in the drain pump ( button,
    lingerie underwire, lego, ect ), motor, worn motor coupler......

jeff.
    Same problem occurred with me last month. Washing drain pump was not working properly because of button in the pump. It took me hours to sort out the problem, so I am bit careful while washing clothes now
    Last edited by NeilSherman; May 13th, 2013 at 12:37 AM.

Thread Information