dcsimg

Thread: Maytag Stove model number--MGR5770ADW--"F9" error...

Question Maytag Stove model number--MGR5770ADW--"F9" error...

Hello All,

As I got home today I noticed that my stove/oven was beeping and displaying "F9" on the display screen. I proceeded to hit "cancel." It then stopped beeping and started to rattle/shake. It shook for about 30 seconds, as "Lock" was displayed on the screen. After it stopped shaking, it displayed "F9" again. Oh, and this whole time, the oven door is locked, and it still is. The stove is up against a wall, with counters on both sides, so we can't get behind it, and have no manuals, as the previous owner didn't have them. The stove is approximately 8 years old.

Any ideas? Is this a quick fix, or should I call MayTag?

Thanks very much,

Purdue

Hi,

The stove is up against a wall, with counters on both sides, so we can't get behind it
    May need to be pulled out.

and have no manuals, as the previous owner didn't have them
    Use&care manual normally wouldn't help with repairs anyways.

I noticed that my stove/oven was beeping and displaying "F9" on the display screen. I proceeded to hit "cancel." It then stopped beeping and started to rattle/shake. It shook for about 30 seconds, as "Lock" was displayed on the screen. After it stopped shaking, it displayed "F9" again. Oh, and this whole time, the oven door is locked, and it still is.
    A copy:

F9 - Door latch supervisory (door latched) - Unlock door and check switches or clock assembly (also called the ERC)

Is this a quick fix
    The trouble maker would have to be found to see what is required to correct the problem...could be as simple as a new lock assy to as major as a bad clock/control assy.
    Lock assy is under the cooktop, so the range -may- not be needed to be pulled out

If needed:

Series 10
    Kit, door lock/latch

Series 12-20

Door lock motor assy

The series is the first two digits of the serial#.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

Wow, thanks for the info. It is series 16. I guess that we will have to call a repair man. Thanks for the help...

Purdue

P S we can't manually unlock the door can we? Is there a override/release button???
    Last edited by purdue1014; March 13th, 2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: P S

Oh, one more for you, we can use the stove top right, since this is a mechanical problem and not a gas problem???

Thanks,

Purdue

we can't manually unlock the door can we? Is there a override/release button???
    You would need to manually access the lock itself to unlatch the door...sometimes have been lucky with a coat hanger on the catch...no release button or such.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/clean-lock.html

I guess that we will have to call a repair man
    If you get a chance, let us know what he/she finds.

Oh, one more for you, we can use the stove top right, since this is a mechanical problem and not a gas problem???
    Correct

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

Default Maytag F9 error code

So I was just sitting here at night and my stove starts to make this popping/crackling sound. I get up and see the lower "HIGH" lite up on the display. I hit cancel and then the "LOCK" displays. The door was locked and after 20 seconds it unlocks and clears. Sounds just like what you found when you got home. What was replaced on your stove?

Hi,

Maytag F9 error code
    Model#?

my stove starts to make this popping/crackling sound. I get up and see the lower "HIGH" lite up on the display.
    Something came on, on it`s own?

F9 codes are normally a lock-lock switch-lock switch wire issue.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid
    www.applianceaid.com
    JRAppliance
    www.jrappliance.ca

Thread Information