dcsimg

Thread: honda gx270

Default honda gx270

Ihope someone can help me i have a honda GX270 9.0 HP engine and it will only run with the choke 1/2 open when you close the choke the engine will sputter and backfire and stop open choke and the engine runs fine what is wrong?

Default gx270

hi. your problem is an air leak to the carb or intake. pull the carb, check the gasket and use some hi-temp gasket sealant to seal the deal. while you have the carb off, make sure the choke valve is operating properly. ( opening and closing, -- not bent or stuck with build-up ) that should do-it. unless your talking about car #4 at sun mountain, i already fixed it. good luck with those hot 9 horses. -jon

Hi my son has taken my gx honda 270 9 hp and we cannot work out how the thottle springs go back on can some one help thanks..

Default dirty carb

Quote Originally Posted by bluestar View Post
    Ihope someone can help me i have a honda GX270 9.0 HP engine and it will only run with the choke 1/2 open when you close the choke the engine will sputter and backfire and stop open choke and the engine runs fine what is wrong?
    my friend if any one has this problem take off your carb and disasseble it and blow or clean out the carb un screw the jet and blow through that, be care you can easliy strip the jet, if you clean it out, replace gaskets, also check your black insulator making sure it is not cracked, the heat some times crackes thos if it is cracked replace it , after you do all that your honda will run again like is suposed to do. i have been working on 270 and 200 and 160 for about 7 years.

Default GX270 on a Go-devil

10 year old engine...
    1) got it out an put in a new spark plug, new air filter, changed the oil, new battery (electric start), drained the gas and put in fresh
    2) electric start won't do anything - checked the breaker and fuse and all ok
    3) engine will only start and run when fully chocked and not very well then

I need to get on the river...any help appreciated!...it's prime time here in MD an I need to get on the river!

Goosehunter.
    Here is a link to an on-line service manual

http://www.honda-engines-eu.com/en/images/98990.pdf

Hope this helps.

Your discription of the problem makes me think the carburator will need to be cleaned out.

okay, so i have a motor thats very similar i put a new head on the motor and it has a high RPM rate when choked and dies when chock is shut off, any sugestions

Thread Information