dcsimg

PDA

View Full Version : GE Profile dishwasher beeping

oldman
September 17th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Hi,

The "Normal" LED on the pannel is blink continously and it's also beeping on my 6 years old GE Profile Dishwasher, the model number is GSD4xxx. Basicaly it doesn't run and stop beeping until we turn it off.

Can oneone help with diagnostic or please give me a pointer?

Thanks so much in advance.

jeff1
September 17th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Hi,

the model number is GSD4xxx

Model# appears to be too short.

The "Normal" LED on the pannel is blink continously and it's also beeping

Faulty control would be likely :(

Basicaly it doesn't run and stop beeping until we turn it off.

The beeping won't stop? The d/w never starts or makes any other noises other than the beeping?

Can oneone help with diagnostic or please give me a pointer?

Should be a tech sheet in the d/w ( often tucked away underneath or in the consol ) that will have test/tips on testing and checking.

jeff.

MikE2
September 18th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Probably a defective control or sequence switch

oldman
September 19th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Hi,

Model# appears to be too short.

Faulty control would be likely :(

The beeping won't stop? The d/w never starts or makes any other noises other than the beeping?

Should be a tech sheet in the d/w ( often tucked away underneath or in the consol ) that will have test/tips on testing and checking.

jeff.

The model is GSD4020. Yes, if I tried to turn it on, the "normal" LED will start blinking in about 30 seconds and beeping at the same time. I can stop the "normal" LED blinking and beeping by hit pressing "START/RESET" or unlatch the door. But then the "START/RESET" LED will blink instead...During this time there's no other noise or the dishwasher doesn't operate at all.

I opened the kick panel and try test the water solenoid/motor and they're ok...I couldn't find the techsheet, but I can locate the control unit and keypad. It's kind of disappointed because we're the original owner and barely use it.

Thanks very much.

/td

jeff1
September 20th, 2005, 04:58 AM
G'day,

GSD4020

I found GSD4020Y70BB GSD4020Y72BB GSD4020Y73BB GSD4020Y74BB
GSD4020Z00BB GSD4020Z02BB GSD4020Z04BB GSD4020Z05BB GSD4020Z07BB

Access the consol and "manually" move the mechanical timer to see if the d/w will start/run/do anything.

jeff.

oldman
September 20th, 2005, 10:57 PM
OK, I took apart the control module which is like a relay/program unit, there is a big wheel inside turned by a small motor, on this big plasitc wheel there are the grooves that lift up the contacts (like a on/off circuit breaker) for certain functions such as drain, pump, heat,... I cleaned the contact surfaces and moved the wheel back to the starting point where all circuit is opened. Reinstalled everything it the dishwasher works fine now. I also tested this small motor to see if it works.

This might a little complicated for the typical user, but anyone if some eletrical background can easily fix this.

Thanks very much!!!

jeff1
September 21st, 2005, 04:43 AM
OK, I took apart the control module which is like a relay/program unit, there is a big wheel inside turned by a small motor, on this big plasitc wheel there are the grooves that lift up the contacts (like a on/off circuit breaker) for certain functions such as drain, pump, heat

Sounds like the timer/Sequence switch...http://www.repairclinic.com/dbimages/00000177/00050996.jpg...hope it stays running for a while! :)

jeff.