PDA

View Full Version : GE Electric Wall Oven Error Codes

RegalWagon
February 28th, 2005, 11:50 AM
MY 12 year old GE wall oven Model #JKP13G0P just started displaying a F1 error code on its display panel along with a persistent beeping. Holding the clear button down for >10 seconds will stop the beep but the F1 code is still dispalyed. What does the error code "F1" mean?

jeff1
February 28th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Hi,

JKP13G0P

That -appears- to be part of the full model#.

just started displaying a F1 error code on its display panel along with a persistent beeping

A copy:

GE Gas or Built In Oven Fault Codes
F0 or F1 - Failed transistor in control - If code cannot be cancelled, replace the Electronic Range Control (ERC) or touch pad

GE Range/Stove/Oven Fault Codes
F0 and F1 - Failed Thermistor Control - Replace Electronic Range Control (ERC)

GE XL44 Self Clean Oven Fault Codes
F0, F1, F7 Stuck keypad may mean relay is turned on. - Determine if problem is with the Key Panel or Control by:
1. Pushing CLEAR/OFF pad.
2. Disconnecting Ribbon Cable from control and waiting at least 30 minutes to see if Code recurs

If code recurs, problem is in the control. Replace control.
If code does not recur, problem is with the Key Panel.

jeff.

RegalWagon
February 28th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Jeff,

Thanks very much for the info. Looking closer, I think the full model number is JKP13G0P3BG. From the info, looks like a replacement of the ERC or touchpad (does my model oven have both?) is required. Not sure how to get to the controls on my wall mounted unit. A call to a serviceman may be required.

jeff1
March 1st, 2005, 04:36 AM
Hi,

I think the full model number is JKP13G0P3BG

For some reason I get stuck on the "0"....keeps being dropped in the online look ups...JKP13GP3BG

does my model oven have both?

Yup...

http://www.repairclinic.com/dbimages/00000659/00199706.jpg
Control/touch pad panel assy (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=258916)

Clock/control comes back as "No longer available" :(

A call to a serviceman may be required

May not matter if we cannot get the parts!

Not sure how to get to the controls on my wall mounted unit.

http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/GE/00001412i01.gif

jeff.

Al Dente
November 19th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Unfortunately, four days before Thanksgiving, my oven (same model) is now beeping and displaying the F1 Code. If I can get this to stop, is it safe to use the oven? I'd like to just get past the holiday and then replace it much like Real Wagon did.

Also, this is appears to be a common issue. Why would GE no longer make the part available, other than to guide me towards replacing? Uh never mind

jeff1
November 19th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Hi,

If I can get this to stop, is it safe to use the oven?

Yes.

Why would GE no longer make the part available, other than to guide me towards replacing?

Probably not GE, more likely the vendor of the clock has done that or simply went out of bizz.

jeff.

Al Dente
November 19th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Jeff,

Thanks for the timely response :)

The oven seems to function other than displaying the code, so if I can just get through the week I'll be in a better postion to straighten out the situation. Thanks again for the insight.

jeff1
November 19th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Your welcome!

jeff.

Rocksee2002
July 18th, 2009, 03:16 PM
To Jeff1,
I just want to say thankyou for your suggestion below. I was getting a F7 error code and the Control Panel was not working at all. I did what you said, disconnected the Ribbon Cable and the Control Panel is working again!

Thank You!
Rocksee2002
New York

jeff1
July 19th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Happy we could help :)

jeff.

f1-f2 erro
November 23rd, 2009, 04:19 AM
Hi my friend,yes, this just happend to me too.
Our power went out and f1 showed up and started
beeping,what I did was,disconected the red speaker wire,
from the control panle,the f1 did not disppear
right away, but after about 10 hours it did reset and go
away!!!also when I unsolnderd the red wire,
and set the clock I was able to use the oven,
I just pushed timer once or twice then bake:
I have since then solndererd the red wire back on and it works great.
I got the oven back!!!I'm happy.please share this info with all others
a new contol panle cost $185-$255 bucks wow!:(
I hope this helps someone else.

normofthenorth
December 13th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Old thread, but I found it. . .
We've got a ~17-yr-old GE Profile Wall oven that stopped working. Sears guy said it needed a new Control Panel and it's not available. :-( I ranted on FaceBook and some friends tried to help with similar suggestions to here: try cleaning and reattaching the cables. One suggested replacing the capacitors, worked for him on a JennAir. I didn't even get the F1 Error until I stuck a voltmeter across one of the relays. It read ~250V AC AND it changed the display to Error F1 with the beeping(!).

Now the BAKE and BROIL functions work normally, but not Convection or Clean. And when the oven is turned off, the F1 returns and the beeping seems to go forever(!). For a few days, we were switching off the breaker unless we wanted to use the oven -- bloody nuisance, with the breaker behind a heavy drawer! Then the DW discovered that hitting Convection also makes the error (and the beeping) go away! YAY! The display looks like the oven is trying to reach 110F, but nothing turns on, and it sits quietly until the pizza is ordered. Not perfect, but cheap and easy and good enough for now.