dcsimg

PDA

View Full Version : Jenn Air JES9800AAW dual burner control wiring

jacuba
September 22nd, 2010, 09:38 AM
I recently replaced the dual burner control for the right front burner on our smooth top range as it would not regulate the heat (stayed red). with a replacement control (Whirlpool 12002125). The wiring is somewhat different and we used the supplied wiring diagram to install the new switch. I however did not separate the dual red wires (L2 on old control) and connect the supply wire to P2 and the wire routed to the element to 2 on the new sw as I already have a single red wire (L2 also on old sw) from the left that is a lighter guage and runs to a multi wire plug connected to 2. (Someone on another forum said you do not have to separate the two reds). The new control does not regulate the heat. I assume I have it wired incorrectly as I swapped controls from the left dual burner and it worked fine.

jeff1
September 22nd, 2010, 06:49 PM
Hi,

The wiring is somewhat different and we used the supplied wiring diagram to install the new switch. I however did not separate the dual red wires (L2 on old control) and connect the supply wire to P2 and the wire routed to the element to 2 on the new sw as I already have a single red wire

? Then the instructions where not followed?
Wire diagram (http://servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16025924.pdf) shows 2 wires on L2 for the RF element.

I assume I have it wired incorrectly

Probably right :(

jeff.