PDA

View Full Version : Evinrude outboard

Duckhunter47
October 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hey guys Im tryin to get a small 5hp outboard running. It has spark, correct gap on the plugs, i took the carb off and cleaned it, good gas. Heres what it is doing. Whenever you crank it, you have to spray some gas in the intake for it to start. However, i think the carb is getting fuel to the engine because if you jack the throttle up then start it, it revs up pretty good. The float was working correctly when i took it off, no holes or sticking. Is there anything else I should look at?

Thanks

Wgoodrich
October 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
You really should repost in the marine subject section of the forum to get more replies on your subject.

However I would suspect either a bad hose or pump bulb if you are using a remote tank. If this is a really old motor and you have a gas tank on the motor I would check to see if the gas line has rotted plugging the gas line.

Just some ideas

Wg

joed
October 22nd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Moved to boats section.

wannabe
April 10th, 2010, 08:10 PM
sorry about this forum meister. I didnt check the original date posted. my bad.

Hey guys Im tryin to get a small 5hp outboard running. It has spark, correct gap on the plugs, i took the carb off and cleaned it, good gas. Heres what it is doing. Whenever you crank it, you have to spray some gas in the intake for it to start. However, i think the carb is getting fuel to the engine because if you jack the throttle up then start it, it revs up pretty good. The float was working correctly when i took it off, no holes or sticking. Is there anything else I should look at?

Thanks

Doesn't gas cause friction welding? :rofl:

Sorry, I just have to ask the obvious.