dcsimg

PDA

View Full Version : honda ex650 generator

Unregistered
August 15th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Engine seems to run fine with full choke. With choke off engine rolls

Got this used, upon inspection the adjustable fuel/air was screwed in all the way. Adjusted this without choke no diff engine rolls and eventually dies.

I checked for air leaks could not find any.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks
Cliff

Wgoodrich
August 16th, 2004, 07:13 PM
You need to clean your carb. There are jet pick ups in that carb that sucks in dirt particles and plugs them. You should be able to take it apart and blow out all the port holes. Look at the main intake tube for small holes in the jets. They normally are plugged up.

Good Luck

Wg

Unregistered
September 17th, 2004, 08:07 AM
I also have an ex650 which runs OK but hunts very badly. I've tried to remove the carb, and can get it loose so it slides about 1/2 inch on the two studs but cannot see how to get it completely off. Anyone got any ideas - or better still a copy of the relevant pages of the manual please?

Thanks

tonykoral@koral.freeserve.co.uk

Murphster05
November 10th, 2005, 12:56 PM
I got the generator to work after I cleaned ou the jet in the carb, but now it won't seem to run in the "on" position either, only in choke, did you ever get a reply to your post?

Mr T
November 10th, 2005, 04:51 PM
If you removed your needle valves, you need to reset them. Usually about 1.25 - 1.5 turns from all the way in is your rough setting. (check your manual for this setting), that should get it running, if it doesnt, something is still wrong. Once running, adjust the screw for a smooth, clean run.

Check your air and fuel filters, and pull your plug and look for damage, gunk, and wear.

cckeong
March 7th, 2007, 07:28 PM
My EX650 only give me 28V,what's wrong?Any online microfishe for EX650?

reelinfish
February 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
I have been working on a used Honda EX 650 generator. I have replaced the coil, low oil alarm (shutoff switch) and carburetor. I can not get any spark at the plug. I do not have a repair manual but I see in the owners manual that there is an engine switch that appears to come into play with the power. Does anyone think that the switch or transistor unit may be the problem. Thanks for your replys.

wbcsas
August 20th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I was wondering if there was anybody that could shed some light on a problem I am having with a Honda EX650 Generator, at full rpm I am getting voltage output of approx 300 volts.

Q. Is there a Voltage Regulator built into these units ??

If so where can the parts be purchased ??

Thank You Very Much In Advance For Your Time & Effort....

Best Regards

Glen

bill2102hotmail.ca
August 4th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Hello. The EX650 uses engine speed to regulate voltage.
It has a governor to do this BUT the running speed should be set first
to provide 120 volts. The speed screw is on the carburetor and a small turn will result in a voltage change. Adjust SPEED NOT the mixture screw. Let the engine warm up to normal operating temperature then back off the speed screw a little with a voltmeter attached until you have about 120 volts. Try for 120 + or - 2 volts and do not accept anything below 105 v or above 130 v. for your equipment. The governor will make adjustments to this base rpm. as electrical load requirements change.
I think the vibration may cause the speed screw to eventually creep so It would be wise to check the output voltage with a multimeter each time before connecting to equipment.
Good Luck
Bill