PDA

View Full Version : buy a mercury verado 275 or not?

SAXOTIGER
July 2nd, 2008, 05:13 AM
hi guys...this is my first post.I am about to buy a 2004 mercury 275XL verado. The serial number of the engine starts with 1BO12...! A friend of mine yesterday told me that this engine series with the exact serial number was recalled from the company because of a problem with the flanges at the cylinder head causing
water ingress into cylinders. Do you know anything about this subject???have you heard anything? I would be really glad if you could help me out!!!

Moved beacuse of hijacking 3 year old thread.

SAXOTIGER
July 4th, 2008, 03:19 AM
hi guys...this is my first post.I am about to buy a 2004 mercury 275XL verado. The serial number of the engine starts with 1BO12...! A friend of mine yesterday told me that this engine series with the exact serial number was recalled from the company because of a problem with the flanges at the cylinder head causing
water ingress into cylinders. Do you know anything about this subject???have you heard anything? I would be really glad if you could help me out!!!

Moved beacuse of hijacking 3 year old thread.

where can i find that three (3) year old thread????i really neeed information about the subject...joed help me if u can.thank u very much