dcsimg

PDA

View Full Version : dishwasher fills by itself

rayh78
June 5th, 2008, 04:22 PM
about 9 year old whirpool dishwasher.
Works fine and drains water. BUT sometimes come home ( noboby has used it)and it has water in the bottom I start it and turn dial a little past wash to drain and it drains. been used.
Maybe bad selonoid valve?
Any suggestions or just time to replace.
Thanks for any info

Mr T
June 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Could be a leaky or sticking fill valve. Do you have hard water? Also could be a drain issue. Check it before you go to bed and make sure it's empty inside then check it in the morning.

jeff1
June 5th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Hi,

9 year old whirpool dishwasher

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

BUT sometimes come home ( noboby has used it)and it has water in the bottom

Dirty or clean water?
Not written in stone....but dirty is often a drain issue ( maybe backing up and draining back into the d/w ) and clean is often a fill valve not 100% shutting off and dribbling in some water all of the time.

jeff.

rayh78
June 5th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Not at my house so cant get model # yet.

But is clean water.
Would it be worth replacing on a 9 year old unit
thanks

jeff1
June 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
But is clean water.
Would it be worth replacing on a 9 year old unit

If just a fill valve, sure is worth fixing....esp if no major rust and no strange noises.

JMO!

jeff.

kcrossle
July 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM
THis thread is a bit old but, instead of adding more threads I'll ask here hoping someone picks up the question:

Kenmore 665 743894. Working fine for years; this problem is a week old.

After a cycle it is leaving a couple inches water (almost up to the drying ring). Water is draining with no problem into the disposal.

If I take the hose off the disposal and press Drain (into a bucket) it drains the tub but never stops - you can hear it filling at the same time it's draining.

So this sounds like the previous posters problem - an inlet valve?

And the repair won't cost me more than a new dishwasher? :-)

Thanks

Keith

jeff1
July 31st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hi,

665 743894

I got 665.743892 665.743893 to come up for me online.

After a cycle it is leaving a couple inches water (almost up to the drying ring). Water is draining with no problem into the disposal.

Drying ring?...element?
Drains well?...and not running out of time trying to drain out?

If I take the hose off the disposal and press Drain (into a bucket) it drains the tub but never stops - you can hear it filling at the same time it's draining.

Kinda -sounds- like the draining is too slow and running out of time and the d/w advances into the fill before the drain has finished.

So this sounds like the previous posters problem - an inlet valve?

If filling when not in use, possible bad fill valve....so far I am not convinced it is your problem/trouble maker.

jeff.