PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong Ultra II 97

Jammon
February 7th, 2007, 04:16 PM
May furnace won't ignite. I tap on the Robertshaw Model SP735A Ignitor and the system starts. Does anyone know if the Robertshaw ignitor develops poor soldering joints. I do plan on removing it and examing it or is there something else I should check?
Thank you in advance for any help,
Jammon

sloooo
February 7th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Do you tap on the actual ignitor, or the ignitor contol box? If it's just the ignitor, I would pull it off and see if you can cleasn it up. You might have a bad ground and it's not able to get a good spark. If it's the control box, it's solid state board. I would just replace it.

Jammon
February 7th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I tap on the Robertshaw ignitor control module, not the ignitor.

Jammon
February 7th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Do you tap on the actual ignitor, or the ignitor contol box? If it's just the ignitor, I would pull it off and see if you can cleasn it up. You might have a bad ground and it's not able to get a good spark. If it's the control box, it's solid state board. I would just replace it.

Thank you, but do you know if the module develops bad soldering connections. I have to reset first it, then I tap it and it starts working. I have all the tools to fix a solid state device. Have you had any success with repairing the module?
Jammon

sloooo
February 7th, 2007, 06:43 PM
It might be a sticking relay. You can take it apart and see if you find anything. If I was at a job, it's just cheaper to replace it. To pay me by the hour to pull the module apart and try to fix it is to costly. You can get a new module for a little over a hundred bucks, so being a service tech, I would just change it.

Jammon
February 8th, 2007, 04:30 AM
It might be a sticking relay. You can take it apart and see if you find anything. If I was at a job, it's just cheaper to replace it. To pay me by the hour to pull the module apart and try to fix it is to costly. You can get a new module for a little over a hundred bucks, so being a service tech, I would just change it.

Thanks,

I have removed the module and did not find any bad soldering joints. I currently can start the system by turning off the system, wait 30 seconds and the system runs. Don't think it's a relay now, will replace module.
Thank you for help,
Jammon